Oral hygiene is an essential part of having positive oral health. In fact, if you neglect oral hygiene, you could suffer undesirable painful and costly effects like cavities, gum disease, tooth loss, and even bone loss. That is why, our dentist, Dr. Bertoglio, is here to explain the basics of excellent oral hygiene, so you can keep your smile in tip-top shape!
The oral hygiene basics include:
– Brushing: To improve your oral health, always brush at least twice every day.
– Dental Visits: Visit your dentist for routine checkups.
– Professional Cleanings: Every 6 months, visit your dentist for a professional cleaning.
– Supplemental Cleaning Tools: As an added method for cleaning your teeth after eating, use mouthwash.
– Lifestyle Checks and Balances: Eliminate unhealthy habits in your life such as smoking or drugs.
– Diet: Improve your diet by avoiding unhealthy foods. It also helps to add foods that can increase saliva production and strengthen your tooth enamel.
– Flossing: Your oral health care depends on cleaning between your teeth. Accomplish this by using flossing tools.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to keep your oral health in excellent shape through the years. If you have questions about your smile or find yourself in need of a dentist, please call The Toothery here in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, today at 847-893-9099 to set up an appointment. Our friendly dental team is always happy to help you in any way we can.