The anatomy of a tooth
June 7, 2021
We take many things for granted in life. Fortunately, we have access to all kinds of technology, medical care, and most everything that we could possibly ever need. Of course, we rely on the expertise of others to help us in many ways. Sometimes though, a bit of knowledge can be very helpful. Because of this, we thought some tooth basics would be in order. You can impress your family and friends with your newfound knowledge.
- Did you know that teeth are the hardest material in your body?
- On the outer most portion of your teeth is enamel. It is very strong and is mostly composed of calcium phosphate.
- Just under your enamel is dentin. This is a hard substance made up of microscopic tubes.
- The pulp is the inner part of the tooth where the blood vessels and nerves are located.
- The average adult has 32 teeth: 8 incisors, 8 molars, 8 premolars, 4 canines and 4 wisdom teeth.
- The top of your tooth is the crown and the root of your tooth goes into the gum line and bone.
See link for additional information and a great graphic:
For expert knowledge and compassionate dental treatment, visit The Toothery. We have your wellbeing and health in mind. We will make sure the anatomy of your teeth is the best that it can be!